The following ordinance was adopted at the Annual Town Meeting, duly warned and held on October 7, 1968 and shall become effective fifteen (15) days after publication thereof in a newspaper having circulation in East Windsor:
AN ORDINANCE CONCERNING THE APPOINTMENT AND TERMS OF OFFICE OFALTERNATE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION OF THE
TOWN OF EAST WINDSOR
The Town of East Windsor, in Special Town Meeting convened hereby ordains and enacts:
1. Three (3) alternate members of the Planning and Zoning Commission of the Town of East Windsor shall be appointed by the Board of Selectmen as provided in Section 8-1B of the General Statutes of the State of Connecticut.
2. The Board of Selectmen shall appoint three (3) alternate members of the Planning and Zoning Commission. The term of office for the alternate members of the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be five (5) years, except that of those first appointed; one shall be appointed for one (1) year, one shall be appointed for two (2) years, and one shall be appointed for three (3) years, with terms expiring October 1, 1969, October 1, 1970 and October 1, 1971.
3. No more than two (2) alternate members of the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be members of the same political party.
4. Such alternate members shall be electors and shall not be members of the Zoning Board of Appeals or the Planning and Zoning Commission.
5. Any ordinance which is inconsistent with any of the provisions of this Ordinance is hereby repealed.
Dated at East Windsor, Connecticut this 9th day of October, 1968.
Attest: Grace E. Kerkins
Town Clerk of East
Published Friday, October 11, 1968