TOWN OF EAST WINDSOR
Ordinance Creating A Sewer Authority
The following ordinance was adopted by a Special Town Meeting duly warned and held September 15, 1966:
ORDAINED BY SPECIAL TOWN MEETING OF THE TOWN OF EAST WINDSOR:
1. The Town of East Windsor hereby creates a Sewer Commission and designates said Commission as the Sewer Authority of the Town of East Windsor with all the powers, purposes and objectives set forth in Chapter 103 of the General Statutes of Connecticut, Revision of 1958, and amendments thereto.
2. Said Commission shall consist of five electors of the Town of East Windsor who shall be appointed by the Board of Selectmen and serve without compensation. One Commissioner of said Authority shall hold office for a term ending October 1, 1967, one Commissioner of said Authority shall hold office for a term ending October 1, 1968, one Commissioner of said Authority shall office for a term ending October 1, 1969, one Commissioner of said Authority shall hold office for a term ending October 1, 1970 and one Commissioner of said Authority shall hold office for a term ending October 1, 1971. Their Successors shall be appointed for terms of five years each. Terms
shall expire on October 1, in each year. Whenever a vacancy occurs, the Selectmen shall appoint a successor to hold office for the unexpired portion of the term. A Commissioner shall continue in office until his successor is appointed.
3. The Commission shall elect a chairman from its own members at the first meeting and annually thereafter at the first meeting held after the first day of October in each year. The Commission shall appoint a clerk who need not be a member of the Commission, and such other employees as it may deem necessary and shall prescribe and define their duties. The clerk shall keep a complete record of the proceedings of the Commission and, when ordered by the Commission shall file same with the Town Clerk. All such records shall be open for public inspection at reasonable hours. The first meeting shall be called by the First Selectmen and thereafter meetings of the
Commission may be called by the Chairman or any two members upon Forty-eight hours notice thereof.
4. The Commission shall maintain proper accounting and financial records and shall make an annual report to the Selectmen. The Commission shall prepare annually a budget of estimated revenues and expenditures for the ensuing fiscal year.
5. A Commission may be removed for inefficiency or neglect of duty
or misconduct in office by the Board of Selectmen but only after a hearing conforming to recognized standards of due process of law; a Commissioner shall be removed only after opportunity to be heard in person or by counsel before the Board of Selectmen at least ten days prior to which he shall have been given a copy of the charges against him. In the event of the removal of any Commissioner, a record of the proceedings together with the charges and findings thereon, shall be filed in the office of the Town Clerk of the Town of East Windsor.
6. This Ordinance shall become effective fifteen (15) days after publication in a newspaper having circulation in East Windsor.
Attest: Grace E. Kerkins,
Town of East Windsor,
Published in Hartford Courant
Wednesday, September 21. 1966.
Attest: Grace E. Kerkins